Monday, October 24, 2011

Watch Me Grow!

4 Months Old!

Lounging on Pooh

She was off center and about to topple, but I loved the smile she was giving her mommy
g
Checking out her toes with Pooh


Even as I type this post, I can't believe what I am writing. Harper is 4 months old! Our last spring at Tuck, graduation, Adam's interviews all seem so long ago and so recent all at the same time. It is already hard to remember how we filled our time before our Harper arrived. (Although I seem to remember creating my own schedule, eating a leisurely meal without wolfing it down to hold or nurse a baby and even sleeping for many uninterrupted hours.)

All kidding aside, we couldn't have imagined the happiness that Harper brought into our lives. She keeps us on our toes (in a good way) and always manages to make our day with that adorable little smile (which she already seems to know how to use to her advantage - like when she is supposed to be sleeping!).

We just had her 4 month check up and shots. I really liked her new doctor (recommended by a neighbor). Everything checked out well and she only cried for a short bit after her shots. Her head circumference is in the 56th percentile, her length (24,3/4 inches) is in the 66th percentile and her weight (13 lbs) is in the 32nd percentile. Our little string bean!

Here are a few of her recent milestones/activities:
  • Rolls to her stomach almost immediately when placed on her back - lifts her head and part of her chest off the ground and is pretty content to "play" that way for a while.
  • Rolls from her tummy to her back occasionally (she does this with such force that sometimes her head bonks off the floor or mat and she immediately regrets the roll).
  • She jabbers a lot - especially to her toys on her playmat
  • She likes to play on the floor more now  - especially with toys that make noise
  • She is really interested in the toys hanging from her car seat handle now - sometimes she just seems amazed that they are there.
  • She is sleeping pretty well during the nights (anywhere from 5-10 hours straight without needing to be fed)
  • Naps continue to be a challenge for her. The process of "learning" to nap had gotten stressful enough for both of us that I decided we would take a few week break and try again later (although I do put her in her crib if she doses while eating in the middle of the day, etc.)
  • She loves to watch the other babies in our Mommy and Me class.
  • She is constantly drooling and sucking/gumming her bunny/pacifier/blanket/fist/etc. so teeth are probably in the not too distant future
She is definitely a handful (and I am still learning how to manage when Adam travels - day one usually seems like a breeze, but after a few days those extra hands are definitely missed). She seems to grow up a little each day and I love to just sit and watch her smile when we talk to her or play with her. I can't believe how fast we have arrived at 4 months and am excited to continue to watch her grow and learn about everything around her.

2 comments: