I swear these pictures were taken on the 19th of January - it just took a while to post!
No more leaning on Pooh!
I laugh all the time! My parents are funny folks!
My mommy just thought this one was funny!
I took her for a weight check at the doctor's office on her 7 month birthday and am pleased to report that our little peanut is growing just fine. She jumped from 13lbs, 12oz at 6 months to 16lbs, 2oz at 7. (That is the 14th percentile to the 34th percentile). I guess she just had one big growth spurt (with the help of supplementing with formula and starting baby food).
Adam and I have commented several times recently that she isn't a "baby" anymore - she is a little girl! She is at a really fun age - figuring things out, making noises (including mommy's favorite - the belly laugh) and itching to crawl. We are full speed ahead with the baby proofing process - I am sure we won't know what we are forgetting till we see her getting into it.
Below are some highlights from Harper at 7 months:
- She isn't crawling, but she manages to move! Rolling and scooting get her across the room anytime you turn your back or she gets motivated. (The bed is no longer a safe place to set her down!).
- She is very sturdy sitting up - she doesn't get there herself (from stomach or back) but sits for long periods playing.
- She loves her bouncer (and exersaucer) now. It is fun to watch her go crazy playing in it.
- She LOVES the dog. Hesburgh is still lukewarm about her (he is GREAT with her, but it is clear that she is more fond of him than he of her right now) - we think as she becomes more of a "person" to him this will change. (Hesburgh has never met a person who can pet him that he didn't like).
- She isn't all that excited about solid foods, but seems to be getting better at it - she doesn't mind her oatmeal or green beans, doesn't care for her carrots and LOVES her sweet potatoes. (We started peas this morning - they weren't a big hit, but they are new so I am not ruling them out yet). Her daddy is eager to start the fruits and other fun things like "puffs"and finger foods. (We gave her a puff the other day and it was more entertaining stuck to her hand than attempting to put it in her mouth.
- She LOVES her bottles. It didn't take her long to figure that out. Now I have to secretly get the bottle ready if I don't intend to feed her immediately because she gets very worked up when she sees it.
- We still nurse a few times a day - usually first thing in the morning, sometime midday and right before bed.
- We switched up the bedtime routine to "remind" Harper how to put herself to sleep (without us rocking, feeding, etc.) after the holidays and Disney. This reminder seems to be working well and she is sleeping well.
- She still shows signs of being exhausted during the day but does not nap in her crib (or for very long). I continue to hope that one of these months I will write that she figured it out and goes down for regular naps.... we shall see.
- She has 3 teeth and that seems to be pretty close. They are all on the bottom and she is quickly learning how to use them if you put your finger in her mouth!
No comments:
Post a Comment